Most of the time the iPhone users complain about the performance of their handsets, special slow down of their device. If this is also your case, then it’s time to check if your iPhone battery is performing fine. It’s so because after the iPhone slowdown saga, Apple had promised to let your iPhone battery health checked to ensure it’s not affecting your device performance. And now it has kept its promise. The iOS v11.3 is launched with this feature. So if you are an iOS user with the iOS 11 version, then you should update it to the latest version i.e. 11.3 to get control of your iOS device battery health.
Now you might think what this battery check will do. Very simple. If you can detect your iOS battery health is not good, then you can get it serviced to restore the peak performance level so that your handset will not slow down again. Now let’s see how you can check the battery health of your iOS handset.
How to check the Battery Health of your iOS device
Before proceeding to check, ensure that your iOS handset is upgraded to the latest version 11.3. If you have not upgraded, then at first update it to the said iOS version.
- You can check the version of your iOS by going to Settings > General > Software Update.
- Then go to the Battery option from Settings and tap on Battery Health (Beta).
- Now two options will be promoted before you, one Maximum Capacity and the other Peak Performance Capability. From the first option you can know the actual and maximum battery capacity of your iOS handset.
- The Second option will tell you the status of your iOS battery i.e. battery health. If it shows “Your battery is currently supporting normal peak performance,” then your Battery health is OK. But if it shows “This iPhone has experienced an unexpected shutdown because the battery was unable to deliver the necessary peak power. Performance management has been applied to help prevent this from happening again,” then you need to get your iPhone battery serviced.
- To disable , you can opt Disable under the text mentioned in the before step.
According to Apple, even if your maximum battery percentage is 95%, then also your device performance might suffer. So it’s better to get your battery health checked.