In my previous articles I informed you How to Update Sprint Samsung Galaxy S5 to Marshmallow DarkLord Note7 Full Port V1.0 ROM and in my today’s article I shall guide you through the step-by-step guide to update your Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 WiFi to the recently released Android 7.0 Nougat AOSP ROM. As per the latest info, the Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 WiFi users now can update their Galaxy Tab to the recently released Custom ROM right now.
This recently released Custom ROM will make your device a more worthy Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 WiFi with Android Nougat features like WiFi, Bluetooth, HW Video Accel, DRM, Camera, Fingerprint etc, but at the same time these features will be a part of the new Nogat Alpha build. Again because the ROM is in Alpha mode so your handset might face issues which may seem out of the world. But for any such issues if happens to your device, then you yourself will be blamed. BlogZamana will be never blamed for that. If agree, then only proceed for the update.
But now question arises, how to flash this firmware on your Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 WiFi? The process is very simple through which I shall guide you henceforth. But before that you need to take a look on the pre-requirements dubbed essential for the update procedure.
- One Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 WiFi. Ensure that your device has been both rooted and its bootloader has been unlocked.
- Original Data Cable.
- One PC preloaded with Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 WiFi drivers. Else at first download and install the drivers on your PC from Samsung’s official website.
- Enable the USB Debugging Mode. You will find the option in the Developer Section of your device.
- Backup all important data in your Android device since the update process will erase all data.
- Keep at least 60% to 70% battery back up in your Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 WiFi to avoid accidental shut down during installation.
- Custom ROM Firmware
- Google Apps Package
- SuperSU file
Steps to Update
- First of all download the Custom ROM Firmware, Google Apps Package and SuperSU file on your PC and place those on the desktop.
- No need of unzipping the files.
- Now connect your Galaxy Tab to your PC via USB Cable and move the files to your Tab. Unplug your device then.
- Now move your Galaxy Tab into recovery mode. To do this first of all press the volume down+Volume Up button + Power button. Your device will enter into bootloader mode. From there choose the option ‘enter into recovery mode’.
- Wipe the data and clear cache from recovery mode menu. For that select wipe data factory reset and then choose wipe cache partition.
- Now opt for advance and then select wipe dalvick cache.
- Now return to the main menu in Recovery mode and select “choose zip from SD card” and then click “install zip from SD card.” Choose the the custom ROM you placed earlier in your device and flash it following the flashing of the Google Apps Package and SuperSU package.
- Have patience still the whole update process completes successfully. Finally select “reboot system now” and now your device will be rebooted with the new OS.
In case your device stucks in bootloop, you have to turn off your device and begin the update from the first following the same steps. To turn off your device, reinsert your battery or long press the Power button.
Now you have successfully flashed the Android 7.0 Nougat AOSP ROM on your Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 WiFi. In case you find any issues in the updation process, feel free to get back to us for a solution via the comment section.