We have pretty good news for Xiaomi Redmi 4a (Rolex) users. Users of this device can now experience the complete Android 7.1.1 Nougat OS on their device as a new ROM called Nougat LineageOS has been made available for them. The ROM has been introduced by the junior XDA Dev manucarcor and the ROM is a combination of customization, power and once flashed on your device, it will enrich your handset with a number of brand new features.
But to start flashing this new Custom ROM to your Xiaomi Redmi 4a (Rolex), you must be an advanced Android user. If you are a newbie, then you need to understand the below given step-by-step method and then only proceed for the update.
NB: Before starting the update, you need to root your Xiaomi Redmi 4a (Rolex) and install the latest CWM Recovery on it. This is a must, else the update will be unsuccessful. Your Smartphone must run the Stock Android OS to carry on this update.
- One Xiaomi Redmi 4a (Rolex).
- Windows PC
- Original USB Cable
- Backup all your personal data such as SMS, MMS, videos, contacts, call logs, APN numbers, applications and other files since those might be erased during the update.
- Deactivate the antivirus or any other security protection from your PC for the time since that might create hindrance in the installation process.
- Ensure that your device have at least 60% power back up before you start the installation to avoid any sort of inconvenience.
- Enable the USB debugging option on your Smartphone. To enable go to the Settings. Forget not to disable the USB Debugging post update.
Also Read: How to update Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 SM-T815Y to Android 7.0 Nougat T815YDVU2CQD9 Firmware
- Android 7.1.1 Nougat LineageOS ROM
- Gapps (Search from Google)
Steps to Update
- First of all download the above mentioned files and then connect your Smartphone to your PC via USB. After move both the files to the SD card of your device.
- Then you have to move your Smartphone into recovery mode.
- In Recovery mode, select “wipe data/factory reset”, “wipe cache partition” and “wipe dalvick cache” options from recovery mode menu to wipe data and clear cache from your device.
- Now you need to flash the Custom ROM file on your Xiaomi Redmi 4a. To do that click on Install .zip from SD card and then select the Custom ROM file that you moved to your SD Card in step 1. Then click Install and follow the screen instructions to flash the ROM on your device.
- Follow the same procedure to install Gapps next.
- Wait still the update finishes. Once finished, return to the main menu and click “Reboot System Now”. Your Smartphone will be rebooted into normal mode once the update is finished.
That’s all. Now you have learnt the update process. Following the steps, you will easily wrap up the update. In case of any issues, ping me back in the comment section. Also inform me what are the added features you see in your device post update.