Flashing a Custom on your Android handset often boosts up your device and makes it compatible for multi-tasking. Now multi-tasking means a number of chores that you can’t just perform on the stock Android OS. Apart, installing a Custom ROM on your Android handset improves device battery, enhances performance, and updates it to the most recent Android versions. But at the same time it’s bit trick and often risk is associated with Custom ROM installation. So it’s always suggested to tweak your handset with Custom ROMs only if you are an Android savvy. Else you might end up bricking your Android device.
Now in this article I shall guide you through the steps to flash the most recent and powerful Android 8.1 Oreo LineageOS 15.1 ROM on your Xiaomi Redmi 5A (Riva). This Custom ROM is designed and developed by Developer Muralitharan at Android Host and though there is no details about the status and features of this ROM, yet it will for sure add some taste to your Android experience.
Caution: But again you are warned that this ROM is only for advanced Android users and newbies must not play with their device. We will never be blamed if anything wrong happened to your Smartphone during the installation.
Pre-Requirements: The most important requirements are to create a complete Nandroid backup for your Android handset, unlocking the bootloader, installing the TWRP Recovery on your device, enabling the USB and disabling the Antivirus program from both your Smartphone and PC is a must. You too need to root your device.
- Android 8.1 Oreo LineageOS 15.1 ROM
- Gapps (Search & Download from Google)
Steps to Update
- Download the above mentioned two files and next connect your Xiaomi Redmi 5A to your PC via USB. After move both the files to the SD Card and detach the USB.
- Enable the USB Debugging from the Developer Section of your Xiaomi Redmi 5A. You must disable the USB Debugging post update.
- Now you have to switch off your Smartphone and move it into recovery mode.
- In Recovery mode select “wipe data/factory reset”, “wipe cache partition” and “wipe dalvick cache” options from recovery mode menu to wipe data and clear cache from your Xiaomi Redmi 5A.
- It’s time to flash the Android 8.1 LineageOS ROM on your Android device. To do that click on install zip from SD card, select the files one after another (first Custom ROM, then Gapps) that you moved to your SD Card in step 1 and flash respectively.
- Wait still the update is finished. Once finished, return to the main menu in Recovery mode and click “Reboot System Now”.
Now your Smartphone should reboot into normal mode. If rebooted properly, then you are done with the update. Now it’s time to mark the difference between the previous and new features on your Smartphone, mark the bug fixes and improvements in it. In case of face any problems, feel free to get back to us. We shall try to find out a solution for you.