Hello Verizon LG V20 users! We have pretty good news for you. You guys can now have a complete know-how of the dynamic Android 8.1 Oreo OS features on your handset as a new ROM called Oreo LineageOS 15.1 ROM has been lunched by XDA Dev x86cpu and the ROM will facilitate you to customize, empower and enrich your Smartphone as you wish.
To flash this new Custom ROM on your Verizon LG V20 VS995, you need to be an advanced Android user. But if you are a newbie, you must follow the below given step-by-step guide to ensure successful installation of the custom ROM on your handset.
Caution: Before starting the update, you must root your Verizon LG V20 and install the TWRP Recovery on it. Else the flashing process will be unsuccessful.
- One Verizon LG V20
- One Windows PC
- Original USB Cable
- Backup all your personal data such as SMS, MMS, videos, contacts, call logs, APN numbers, applications and other files since those might get erased during the update.
- Deactivate antivirus or any other security protection if you have on your PC and Smartphone since that might create hindrance in the installation process.
- Ensure that your device has at least 50% power back up before you start the installation.
- Enable the USB debugging option on your Smartphone. To enable USB Debugging go to the Settings and disable it post update.
- At first download the above said two files and then connect your Smartphone to your PC via USB. After move both the files to the SD card of your handset.
- Then you need to move your Smartphone into recovery mode.
- In Recovery mode, select “wipe data/factory reset”, “wipe cache partition” and “wipe dalvick cache” from the recovery mode menu to wipe data and clear cache from your Smartphone.
- Now you need to flash the Custom ROM on your Verizon LG V20. To do so click on Install .zip from SD card and then select the Custom ROM file that you moved to your SD Card in step 1.
- After click Install and follow the appearing instructions on your Smartphone screen to flash the ROM on your device.
- Follow the same procedure to install Gapps.
Wait still the update finishes. Once finished, return to the main menu and click “Reboot System Now”. Your Smartphone will be rebooted into normal mode and now the update completed. In case of any issues, feel free to let me know in the comment section.