Upgrading your Android Smartphone to the latest OS often makes room for your device to customize. Customization means the desired changes that you just can’t perform on the stock Android OS. But post installing a Custom ROM on your Android device enhances your device battery, performance, and upgrades it to the latest version of Android OS.
However, flashing the custom ROM on your handset is bit tricky and risky. So it’s always suggested to tweak your Smartphone with Custom ROMs only if you are an Android savvy. Else you might end up bricking your Android Smartphone.
Now in this article I shall guide you through the steps to flash the powerful Android 9.0 Pie Eragon v2.0 ROM on Elephone U Pro RW-GBT-253964602. The Custom ROM is designed and developed by XDA Developer skeleton1911 and it’s about to bring numerous developments on your Smartphone features to make your Android experience superior.
Caution: You are warned that this Custom ROM is meant only for the advanced Android users and newbies are suggested not play with their Smartphones. We will not be blamed if anything wrong happenes to your Smartphone because of the installation.
Pre-Requirements: You must create a Nandroid backup for your Elephone U Pro, unlock the bootloader, install the TWRP Recovery on your device, enable USB Debugging and disable the Antivirus program from both your Smartphone and PC to carry on smooth flashing. You must root your device.
- Android 9.0 Pie Eragon v2.0 ROM
- Gapps (Search & Download from Google)
Steps to Update
- Download the above mentioned two files and next connect your Elephone U Pro RW-GBT-253964602 to your PC via USB. After move both the files to the SD Card and detach the USB cable.
- Enable the USB Debugging from Developer Section of your Elephone U Pro. You must disable the USB Debugging post update.
- Now you have to switch off your Smartphone and move it into recovery mode.
- In Recovery mode select “wipe data/factory reset”, “wipe cache partition” and “wipe dalvick cache” options from recovery mode menu to wipe data and clear cache from your device.
- It’s time to flash the Android 9.0 Pie AOSP ROM on Elephone U Pro. To do that click on install zip from SD card, select the files one after another (first Custom ROM, then Gapps) that you moved to your SD Card in step 1 and flash one after another.
- Wait still the update is finished. Once finished, return to the Recovery mode menu and click “Reboot System Now”.
rebooted properly, know that you are done with the update. Now it’s time to mark the bug fixes and enhancements in the features of your Smartphone. In case you face any problems, feel free to get back to us. We shall try to find out a solution for you.