If you are a LG Google Pixel 2 XL Smartphone user, then you will be happy to know that soon your handset is going to be upgraded to the most recent and most updated Android OS 9.0 Pie. Of course this will be a manual update procedure, but will laden your handset with end number of Android Pie goodies and above that an advanced UI and a great user experience. The handset will be upgraded through a custom ROM named Android 9.0 Pie LineageOS 16.0 and the Custom ROM is brought to you by Androidhost Dev Draymond1987 and hence credit for this update goes to him.
Flashing the Android 9.0 Pie LineageOS 16.0 ROM to your Smartphone is not that much difficult as it seems. But you have to read & follow the steps properly to successfully complete the update process. Among the important requirements, creating a Nandroid backup of your device, unlocking the bootloader, installing the latest TWRP Recovery, enabling USB and disabling the Antivirus programs from both your handset and PC is a must. Also you need to root your device.
Excluding any of the above mentioned requirements might end up with an unsuccessful installation. During the update, your handset might face certain issues, might get hard/soft bricked or even get cluttered with bug. Remember, we at Blogamana will never be blamed for that. So self taking the responsibility of this update will be highly appreciated. Also if you are a newbie, then try avoid tweaking your handset. This procedure is basically for the advanced Android users.
- Android 9.0 Pie LineageOS 16.0 unofficial ROM
- Gapps (Search & Download from Google)
Steps to Update
- First of all download the above mentioned two files and then connect your LG Google Pixel 2 XL to your PC using USB. After move both the files to the SD Card of your handset and detach the USB cable then.
- Now it’s time to enable USB Debugging from the Developer Section in your Smartphone. Forget not to disable USB Debugging post update.
- Now you have to switch off your Smartphone and move it into recovery mode.
- In Recovery mode select “wipe data/factory reset”, “wipe cache partition” and “wipe dalvick cache” options from the recovery mode menu to wipe data and clear cache from your device.
- It’s time to flash the Android Pie Custom ROM on your LG Google Pixel 2 XL. To do that click on install zip from SD card, select the files one after another that you had moved to your SD Card in step 1 and flash respectively.
- Wait still the update is finished. Once finished, return to the Recovery mode Menu and click “Reboot System Now”. Now your Smartphone will reboot into normal mode.
Wait still your Smartphone reboots. If rebooted successfully, know that you are done with the update. In case of any issues, get back to us via comments. We shall try to find out a solution for you.