Upgrading your Android Smartphone to the latest OS often makes it easy to customize your Smartphone. Customization means the changes that you want to make on your Smartphone, but it’s not possible due to the stock Android OS. But after installing an official or unofficial Custom ROM on your Android device, it enhances your device performance, battery durability and upgrades it to the latest Android OS.
However, flashing the custom ROM on your Smartphone though is bit tricky, but not an impossible task. But it’s always suggested to tweak your Smartphone with Custom ROMs you need to be an Android savvy. Following wrong steps might end up bricking your Android Smartphone for which of course we will not be blamed.
Now in this article I shall guide you through the steps to flash the powerful Android 9.0 Pie LineageOS 16.0 Unofficial ROM on your Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100. The Custom ROM is designed and developed by AndroidHost Developer rINanDO and it aims at bringing numerous developments on your Smartphone features to make your Android experience superior.
Caution: You are warned that this Custom ROM is meant only for the advanced Android users and newbies are suggested not to play with their Smartphones. We will not be blamed if anything wrong happens to your Smartphone because of the update.
Pre-Requirements: You must create a Nandroid backup for your Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100, unlock the bootloader, install the TWRP Recovery on your device, enable USB Debugging and disable the Antivirus program from both your Smartphone and PC to carry on smooth flashing. You need to root your device also.
- Android 9.0 Pie LineageOS 16.0 Unofficial ROM
- Gapps (Search & Download from Google)
Steps to Update
- Download the above mentioned two files and next connect your Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100 to your PC via USB. After move both the files to the SD Card and detach the USB cable.
- Enable the USB Debugging from the Developer Section of your Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100. You must disable the USB Debugging post update.
- Now you have to switch off your Smartphone and move it into recovery mode.
- In Recovery mode select “wipe data/factory reset”, “wipe cache partition” and “wipe dalvick cache” options from recovery mode menu to wipe data and clear cache from your device.
- It’s time to flash the Android 9.0 Pie LineageOS 16.0 Unofficial ROM on Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100. To do that click on install zip from SD card, select the files one after another (first Custom ROM, then Gapps) that you moved to your SD Card in step 1 and flash in that order.
- Wait still the update is finished. Once finished, return to the Recovery mode menu and click “Reboot System Now”.
If rebooted properly, know that you are done with the update. Now it’s time to take a look at the bug fixes and enhancements in overall features and performance of your Smartphone. In case you face any problems, feel free to get back to us. We shall try to find out a solution for you.