The Asus Zenfone Max Pro with model number M1 ZB601KL X00TD was lunched with the powerful stock Android 8.1 Oreo OS and can now be upgraded to the latest Android Nougat Oversion. So undoubtedly this is a good news for the users and it’s assumed to fix the existing bugs and issues on your Asus handset with addition of some new features. The Firmware is available via Custom ROM for update and users can flash the Android Nougat LineageOS ROM on your Smartphone.
Flashing the Android 8.1 Oreo LineageOS 15.1 ROM to your Asus Zenfone Max Pro is not much difficult actually. But you have to read & follow the below mentioned steps properly to successfully complete the custom ROM update. Among the requirements, creating a complete Nandroid backup for your device, unlocking the bootloader, installing the latest TWRP Recovery, enabling the USB Debugger and disabling the Antivirus program from both your handset and PC is a must. Also you need to root your device.
Excluding any of the above said requirements might wrap with an unsuccessful installation. During the update, your Smartphone might face certain issues, might get hard/soft bricked or even get cluttered with bug. Remember, we at Blogamana will never be blamed for that. So self taking the responsibility of this update will be highly appreciated. Post update, you will experience a number of new features in your device. So proceed with a positive vibe in mind.
- Android 8.1 Oreo LineageOS 15.1 Custom ROM
- Gapps (Search & Download from Google)
Steps to Update
- First of all download the above mentioned two files and then connect your Asus Zenfone Max Pro to your PC using USB. Then move both the files to the SD Card of your Smartphone and detach the USB cable then.
- Now it’s time to enable USB Debugging from the Developer Section in your handset. Forget not to disable USB Debugging post update.
- Then you have to switch off your Asus Zenfone Max Pro and move it into recovery mode.
- In Recovery mode select “wipe data/factory reset”, “wipe cache partition” and “wipe dalvick cache” options from the recovery mode menu to wipe data and clear cache from your device.
- Next you have to flash the Custom ROM on your Asus handset. To do that click on install zip from SD card, select the files one after another that you had moved to your SD Card in step 1 and flash respectively.
- Wait still the update is finished. Once finished, return to the Recovery mode Menu and click “Reboot System Now”. Now your Smartphone will reboot into normal mode.
Wait still your Smartphone reboots. Once rebooted, know that you are finished with the update. Now it’s time to distinguish the difference between the before and after update features on your PC, mark the bug fixes and improvements in the device and superiority of the new UI. Forget not to share the changes you mark in your handset post update. In case of any problems, feel free to get back to us. We shall try to find out a solution for you.