The Samsung Galaxy A5 Smartphone with Model No SM-A520F is now receiving the official Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow firmware update in Netherlands. The firmware is dubbed as A520FXXS2AQG1 and is being rolled Over the Air. So it might reach your Android device at any point of time, even might take some pretty long time to reach your device. If you have already received the firmware, then you need to download and install it on your Galaxy handset right now. But if not received the OTA build, then the manual update process will work for you. Know how.
Caution: Double check the name and model of your Samsung Galaxy A5 before starting the update process. Being the update your own decision, at no means Blogzamana will be blamed for any damage if happens to your device during the process. We’ll only help you to solve issues with suitable response. But can’t prevent your device from getting damaged. So think twice before starting with the process.
- One Samsung Galaxy A5 Smartphone bearing the model number SM-A520F
- One Windows PC
- One Original USB cable
- Backup all your personal data using a backup app
- Minimum battery should be above 60%
- Enable the USB Debugging option to get your handset connected to your PC. Forget not to disable USB post update.
- Disable all antivirus programs on both your handset and PC.
Procedure to update Samsung Galaxy A5 to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow OS
- First of all check all the above requirements and then proceed to download the files.
- Download the firmware package and Odin on your your PC. Extract both the files and place on your desktop.
- Double click on Odin to launch it on your PC.
- Then switch off your Samsung Galaxy A5 to enter it into download mode. Do that by press holding the VOL DOWN KEY+HOME+POWER buttons. Press the VOL UP button to continue when you see a warning triangle on your device screen.
- Connect the Samsung Galaxy A5 to PC via USB. The ID: COM box turns yellow after connecting to the device.
- Then select “AP/PDA” on the Odin screen and choose the tar.md5 file from the extracted firmware folder on desktop. Make sure that the “Auto Reboot” and “F.Reset”Time checkboxes are ticked in ODIN and the Re-Partition button is unchecked.
- After choosing the right options, click on Start in the Odin box to start the firmware update. The entire process will take around 10-15 minutes and the phone will reboot automatically now.
- After the pass message appears, detach the USB cable and know you are all done now.
That’s all! Now you have updated the Samsung Galaxy A5 via Odin method. The firmware is the latest official update available, so don’t miss the opportunity. In case of any issues, ping me back in the comment section and I shall try to find out some solution for you.