The Samsung Galaxy J1 Mini Prime with model number SM-J106M is one of the most popular devices. The Galaxy J1 Mini Prime is of course equipped with great hardware and classy look. And the Samsung Galaxy J1 Mini Prime Smartphone users will be happy to know that they can now further upgrade their Smartphone to the official Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow J106MUBS0ARE1 firmware in Papua New Guinea, and Fiji.
So what you have to do is to check the notification panel of your Samsung Galaxy J1 Mini Prime to make sure that the update has hit your Smartphone. If not, then you must not be worried as you can follow the below given manual update procedure to start with the update right now. But here I must tell you that the download link given in this article is only meant for the said Smartphone users in the said countries. So if you are a user of the above mentioned device residing in any other country, then this article is not for you. The firmware carries build name J106MUBS0ARE1.
Caution: Note that the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow is offered by Samsung. So do not confuse it with beta custom ROMs, rather be known that it’s an official update in a manual way. We will pay no attention to your damaged handset if found any during the update. We are only here to help you recover from the damage and guide you trough the update. The most important thing is that the Smartphone must not be rooted. Else, the update might or might not work on your device properly.
- Samsung Galaxy J1 Mini Prime
- One Computer (Windows XP or Windows 7)
- One Original USB Cable
- Enable the USB Debugging option on your Smartphone by going to Settings>Application>Development and tick the USB Debugging box. Also do not forget to untick the box when the update is finished.
- Backup all personal data such as SMS, MMS, videos, music, apps, contacts, messages etc available in the Galaxy J3 using a backup app to avoid data loss.
- Power up the Samsung Galaxy J1 Prime if your battery is low and so it must be 60% or more to avoid automatic shutdown.
Update Samsung Galaxy J1 Mini Prime to Android Marshmallow
- First make sure the Samsung Galaxy J1 Mini Prime is not rooted and next create a complete backup. If it is rooted then you may or may not get the exact result. It’s totally unexpected.
- After download the Marshmallow Firmware for your Samsung Galaxy J1 Mini Prime and after download Odin. Do not rename it.
- After extract both the downloaded files to your PC and then place them on the desktop for easy finding during update.
- Switch off the Samsung Galaxy J1 Mini Prime and put it into download mode.
- Now double click on Odin to launch it and then with the help of USB, connect the Smartphone to your PC. Soon the ID:COM box in Odin will turn yellow indicating the device is connected. If this doesn’t happen then you must not have enabled the USB Debugging option. Do it first.
- Now select the “PDA” and choose the “.tar file” that was downloaded & extracted by you in the beginning. Go ahead and click on the Start button.
- The update procedure will start now and will take some time to finish. The phone will now be switched off and will reboot automatically. Then unplug the cable and go easy with the official updated process.
Check the new firmware at the About Device section in Settings. Now you have learnt the procedure to update your Samsung Galaxy J1 Mini Prime to the most recent official Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow firmware. In case you faced any issues in the update process, feel free to let me know in the comment section. I shall try to find out a solution for you.