The Samsung Galaxy J3 with model number SM-J320FN is one of the popular devices across the globe. The Galaxy J3 is of course equipped with great hardware and classy look. And the Samsung Galaxy J3 SM-J320FN Smartphone uses will be happy to know that they can now further upgrade their handsets to the official Android 5.1.1 Lollipop J320FNXXU0AQE3 firmware in Poland, Nordic Countries and Italy.
So what you have to do is to check the notification panel of your Samsung Galaxy J3 to ensure that the update has hit your handset. If not, then you must not be worried as you can follow the below given manual update procedure to start with the update right away. But here I need to tell you that the download link given in this article is only meant for the Samsung Galaxy J3 users residing in the said regions. So if you are a user of the said device residing in any other country, then this article is dedicated to you. The firmware carries build name J320FNXXU0AQE3.
Caution: Note that the Android 5.1.1 Lollipop is offered by Samsung. So do not confuse it with beta custom ROMs, rather be known that it’s an official update in a manual way. We will pay no attention to your damaged Smartphone if found any during the update. We are only here to help you recover from the damage if you face any during update. The most important thing is that the device must not be rooted. Else, the update might or might not work on your device properly.
- Samsung Galaxy J3
- One Computer (Windows XP or Windows 7)
- One Original USB Cable
- Enable the USB Debugging option by going to Settings>Application>Development and tick the USB Debugging box and do not forget to untick the box when the update is finished.
- Backup all personal data such as SMS, MMS, videos, music, apps, contacts, messages, apps etc available in the Galaxy J3 using a backup app to avoid data loss.
- Power up the Samsung Galaxy J3 if your battery is low and hence it must be 60% or more to avoid automatic shutdown.
Update Samsung Galaxy J3 to Android Lollipop
- First make sure the Samsung Galaxy J3 is not rooted and then create a backup. If it is rooted then you may or may not get the exact result. It’s totally unexpected.
- Then download the Lollipop Firmware for your Samsung Galaxy J3 SM-J320FN and after download Odin. Do not rename it.
- After extract both the downloaded files to your PC and then place them on the desktop for easy finding during update.
- Switch off the Samsung Galaxy J3 and put it into download mode.
- Now double click on Odin to launch it and then with the help of USB, connect the Smartphone to your PC. Soon the ID:COM box in Odin turns yellow indicating the device is connected. If this doesn’t happen then you must not have enabled the USB Debugging option. Do it at first.
- Now select “PDA” and choose the “.tar file” that was downloaded & extracted by you in the beginning. Go ahead and click on the Start button.
- The update procedure will start now and will take little time to finish. The phone will be switched off and will reboot automatically. Then unplug the cable and go easy with the official updated process.
Check the new firmware at the About Device section in Settings. Well done. Now you have learnt the procedure to update your Samsung Galaxy J3 to the newest official Android 5.1.1 Lollipop firmware in India. In case you faced any issues in the update process, feel free to let me know in the comment section. I shall try to find out a solution for you.