Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge SM-G925F is one of the most popular Smartphones devices that was launched in 2015. The Smartphone is quite popular across the globe with many powerful specs and features such as a 5.7-inch Super AMOLED display with an octa-core Exynos 7420 processor, supported by 4GB of RAM and 32/64 GB internal storage space, a 16MP primary and 5MP secondary camera. The device by default was powered by the Android 5.1.1 Lollipop OS and was upgradable to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow OS. And finally the day has come. But this update will be all the way more powerful as it’s going to add a number of added features to the Changelog of your device and will sort out all the security and bug fixes on your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge.
Reportedly, the update is being rolled Over The air in Greece, France (Orange), Kazakhstan, Russia, Ukraine (Kyivstar), Caucasus Countires, Uzbekisthan, Crotia (VIPNET), Netherlands (Vodafone), Hungary (VDH) and many other countries. Soon you will receive a notification update on the notification panel of your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge SM-G925F and then you can flash it by downloading and installing it on your device as per the given instructions. However, a second update method is also there as mentioned below which also can be followed to flash this new firmware on your Android device. But to initiate that update process, you need to read and understand the steps and requirements properly. Just have a look on those.
Forget not to twice check the Name and model number of your Smartphone by going to the About Device section before starting the update as this firmware is only meant for the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge with the model number SM-G925F. Using this tutorial in other devices or even in other models of the same series of Smartphones might harm your Smartphone completely. Keep in mind that BlogZamana will not remain responsible for any issues, Bugs, Bricked devices or Dead SD Card, if your device experiences any during the installation process. What you do is on your own risk.
- Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge SM-G925F Smartphone.
- Original Data Cable.
- One PC preloaded with Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge drivers. Else at first download and install the drivers on your PC from Samsung’s official website.
- Enable the USB Debugging Mode. You will find the option in the Developer Section of your device. Follow Settings> Developer Options> USB Debugging.
- Backup all important data in your Android device since the update process will erase all data.
- Keep at least 70% to 80% power back up on your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge to avoid accidental shut down during installation.
Steps to Update
- First of all download the above mentioned files and then extract the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow file to the desktop of your PC.
- Next switch off your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge and move it into download mode by long press & hold of the Volume Down Key+Home Buttom+Power Buttons. Press the Volume Up button to continue as soon as you see a warning triangle sign on your display.
- Then connect your Smartphone to your PC via USB.
- After select the “PDA/AP” button on ODIN screen and select the file with .tar.md5 extension. Ensure that the Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time checkboxes are ticked in ODIN and the Re-Partition button is unchecked.
- Double check the settings and hit the START button to begin the update process.
- Wait for sometime and you will see the PASS message on the ODIN screen with green backdrop, once the flashing is complete. Disconnect your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Smartphone from the PC when your device restarts. It will take around 5-10 minutes of time.
That’s all you need to do. Once your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge handset restarts, know that you have successfully implemented the procedure. Following the given procedure, you must not face any issues in the update process. Still you faced any issues, feel free to use the comment section. I am always here to assist you.