The Samsung Galaxy S8+ Smartphone with model number SM-G955F is now receiving the official Android 7 Nougat G955FXXU1AQG5 firmware. The firmware will bring both security patches, stability and performance enhancement. If you are a Samsung Galaxy S8+ Smartphone user and reside in Colombia (Comcel) and Chile (Claro), then you will get the update notification on your Smartphone. The firmware update is being rolled in the said countries this month.
In case you don’t receive the OTA update notification, have missed it or can’t wait it to hit your handset, then the manual update process is the best for you. In this process also you will flash the official firmware on your Samsung Galaxy S8+, but in a manual way. But there is little risk associated with this update procedure. You will also not loose your device warranty. But in case you faced any issues being this a manual procedure, then let’s know and we shall help you come out of this.
Never blame us for a bricked, bugged or corrupted device due to update as it’s all your risk to move to follow the manual procedure. We will never remain responsible.
- Makes sure the battery of your device is charged up to 60 percent.
- Backup all device data using backup app.
- For connection with personal computer one must enable the USB Debugging on Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus.
- USB driver for the amsung Galaxy S8 Plus must be installed on PC.
- A Nandroid backup must be created for your device.
Procedure to Update Samsung Galaxy S8+ via OTA
You Should have stable internet connectivity on the phone and now to Settings>About and tap on the Update option. If the device is already updated to the latest firmware then the massage reads ‘The latest update has already been installed’. If the firmware is available, then you will get it here. Now tap on OK to initiate the download process and then installation. Once it is done, the device will get rebooted automatically.
Procedure to update Samsung Galaxy S8+ via Kies
Get a stable internet connection for your device and then download & install the Samsung Kies utility on your PC. After connect the device to your PC via USB. After that run the Kies and the device will be detected itself. At the Kies home screen the new firmware upgrade notification will be available. If the notification is there then click on the firmware upgrade button to start the update process and follow the appearing instructions. If this is not possible, then go for manual update through Odin. When the update is done, the device gets rebooted automatically and you need to detach the cable then.
Procedure to update Samsung Galaxy S8+ to Android Nougat
- Download (Colombia and Chile) the above mentioned .zip files on your PC with Odin and extract them both.
- Run the Odin as an Administrator.
- Switch off Samsung Galaxy S8+ and boot into download mode by press holding the Vol down+home+power button and soon after the Vol up button to proceed to download mode.
- Connect the handset to your PC via USB cable and see the CM port is open in Odin screen. If an Added text message appears, then know that the device is successfully connected. If not then again install the USB driver.
- Check the “Auto Reboot” and “F. Reset Time “options, then click the AP button and select the .tar.md5 file that was extracted on above step.
- Click on the start button to install and after few minutes a Pass message appears. After completion, the phone will get rebooted automatically.
- Then you must detach the USB cable and check the Settings>About for the new firmware version.
- If your device is stuck in the middle of normal reboot, then go to Recovery Mode & perform “Wipe Data/Factory Reset” and “Wipe Cache Partition” task earlier, then go to the reboot system now option. In Recovery Mode, use the Volume keys to navigate between options and Power key to select any option.
Congrats! Now you have learnt how to update Samsung Galaxy S8+ to the official Nougat G955FXXU1AQG5 Firmware through manual procedure, OTA and kies. Now you can start the implementation. For more updates check Blogzmana and stay connected.