The Samsung Galaxy S9 plus users living in Chile, Equador, Panama (Claro), Colombia (Comcel), and Purto Rico will be happy to know that the official Android 8.0.0 Oreo update has started rolling for their handsets in the said regions. So users of this handset in these regions might receive the official update notification at any point of time. So they are suggested to keep a vigil eye on their handset notifications.
But here in this article we shall guide our users to flash this official firmware in their Smartphones in a manual way. This method is useful specially for the users who by mistake have missed the update, or are not the ones who wait for the official update to arrive. These are Android freaks who love to play with their Android. So if you are one among them, then definitely this article will help you flash this official firmware on your handset in an unofficial way which is also not that much risky. Now let’s take a look on the pre-requirements, downloads and update process.Caution: Note that the Android Android 8.0.0 Oreo update is offered by Samsung. So do not confuse it with beta custom ROMs, rather be known that it’s an official update in a manual way. We will pay no attention to your damaged Smartphone if found any during the update. We are only here to help you recover from the damage if you face any during update. The most important thing is that the device must not be rooted. Else, the update might or might not work on your device properly.
- Samsung Galaxy S9 plus
- One Computer (Windows XP or Windows 7)
- Original USB Cable
- Enable USB Debugging from Settings>Application>Development. Do not forget to untick the box when the update is finished.
- Backup all personal data such as SMS, MMS, videos, music, apps, contacts, messages, apps etc available in the Samsung Galaxy S9 plus using a backup app to avoid data loss.
- Power up the Samsung Galaxy S9 plus if your battery is low and hence it must be 60% or more to avoid automatic shutdown.
Update Samsung Galaxy S9 plus to Android Oreo
- First make sure the Samsung Galaxy S9 plus is not rooted and then create a backup. If it is rooted then you may or may not get the exact result. It’s totally unexpected.
- Then download the Oreo Firmware for your Samsung Galaxy S9 plus and after download Odin. Do not rename it.
- After extract both the downloaded files to your PC and then place them on the desktop for easy finding during update.
- Switch off the Samsung Galaxy S9 plus and put it into download mode.
- Now double click on Odin to launch it and then with the help of USB, connect the Smartphone to your PC. Soon the ID:COM box in Odin turns yellow indicating the device is connected. If this doesn’t happen then you must not have enabled the USB Debugging option. Do it at first.
- Now select “PDA” and choose the “.tar file” that was downloaded & extracted by you at first. Go ahead and click on the Start button.
- The update procedure will start now and will take little time to finish. The phone will be switched off and will reboot automatically. Then unplug the USB cable and go easy with the official updated process.
Check the new firmware at the About Device section in Settings. Well done. Now you have learnt the procedure to update your Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus to the newest official Android 8.0.0 G9650ZHU3ARH4 Firmware in India. In case you faced any issues in the update process, feel free to let me know in the comment section. I shall try to find out a solution for you.