Dear Sprint Samsung Galaxy S5 Smartphone users! I have pretty good news for you. Wanna know what? Now you can flash the advanced Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow DarkLord Note7 Full Port V1.0 ROM to your Sprint Samsung Galaxy S5 Smartphone. If you are an user of the Sprint Samsung Galaxy S5 Smartphone and want to flash this new Custom ROM to your handset, then what to wait for? Get started with the following manual update method. This new Custom ROM will bring a number of significant changes to your Smartphone which will take your Android user experience to the next level! Credit for this wonderful custom ROM goes to nguyen2001ct, the Junior XDA devlopment forum member.
But before initiating the update, you need to root your Sprint Samsung Galaxy S5 and install TWRP Recovery on it. Now let’s take a look on the pre-requirements below.
NB: Remember, the update is fully your responsibility. We shall not be responsible if your Sprint Samsung Galaxy S5 Smartphone undergoes any issue due to the update.
- Sprint Samsung Galaxy S5 Smartphone
- Windows PC
- Original USB Cable
- Backup all your personal data such as SMS, MMS, videos, contacts, call logs, APN numbers, applications and other files since those might be erased.
- Install the Sprint Samsung Galaxy S5 drivers to your Smartphone so that you can easily connect it to your PC.
- Deactivate the antivirus or any other security protection if you run on your PC for the time since that might create hindrance in the installation process.
- Ensure that your Sprint Samsung Galaxy S5 has at least 70% power back up before you initiate the installation process to avoid any sort of inconvenience during the installation.
- Enable the USB debugging option in your Smartphone. To enable go to the Settings options. Forget not to disable USB Debugging post update.
Steps to Update
- First of all download the above mentioned files and then connect your Sprint Samsung Galaxy S5 to your PC via USB. Then move both the files to the SD card in your device.
- Then you have to put your Sprint Samsung Galaxy S5 into recovery mode.
- In that mode select “wipe data/factory reset”, “wipe cache partition” options from the recovery mode menu to wipe data and clear cache from your device.
- Next you have to flash the Custom ROM file on your Sprint Samsung Galaxy S5 Smartphone. To do that click on the option Install zip from SD card and then select the .zip file that you moved to your SD Card in step 1. Then click Install and follow the screen instructions to flash the firmware in your device.
- Follow the same procedure to install GApps next.
- Wait still the update finishes. Once finished, return to the main menu and click “Reboot System Now”. Your Smartphone will be rebooted into normal mode once the update is finished.
Congrats!! You have successfully flashed the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow DarkLord Note7 Full Port ROM on your Sprint Samsung Galaxy S5 Smartphone. If you face any issues in the installation process, then me ping back in the comment section. I shall try to find out a solution for you.