The T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 SM-T817T users who reside in the United States of America can now update their Android device to the new and powerful Android 7 Nougat OS. The firmware is named as T817TUVU2BQE2 and is rolled exclusively for the T-Mobile Galaxy Tab S2 users in the USA. So we would recommend the users of the device to upgrade their Galaxy Tab immediately. But for that you need to get the firmware build on your device. But how? You must check the notification panel of your Galaxy Tab to get the firmware build. The firmware at this moment is being rolled Over the Air and once you get the notification, download it on your device & start installing it on your handset.
But if you are not interested to wait still the OTA hits your Galaxy Tab, then we have the Odin update procedure for you. Odin update method is one of the most accepted firmware update methods and is also an official procedure. So there is nothing to worry for following this procedure. But for that you must have bit advanced Android knowledge and it’s suggested you must meet all pre-requirements before the update. Starting the update without meeting the pre-requirements might bring your handset a negative consequence. But before that take a look on the requirements.
- One T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 SM-T817T
- Original Data Cable
- One PC preloaded with T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 drivers. Else at first download & install the drivers on your PC from Samsung’s official website.
- Enable the USB Debugging Mode. You will find the option in the Developer Section of your device.
- Back Up all important data in Android your device since the update will erase all your data.
- Keep at least 50% battery back up on your T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 to avoid accidental shut down during installation.
Steps to Update
- First of all download the above mentioned two files and extract the Nougat T817TUVU2BQE2.zip file to the desktop of your PC.
- Now switch off your Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 and boot it into download mode by long press and holding the Volume Down+Home+Power Buttons. Press the Volume Up button to continue as soon you see a warning triangle sign on your display.
- Now launch Odin and connect your device to your PC via USB.
- You will see the ID: COM box of ODIN screen turning blue with the COM PORT Number & an Added Massage in the below left corner of the screen, if your device gets connected properly.
- Now select the “PDA” button from the ODIN screen and select the file with .tar.md5 extension. Ensure that the “Auto Reboot” and “F.Rese”t Time checkboxes are ticked in ODIN & the Re-Partition button is unchecked.
- Double check the Settings button and hit the START button to initiate the update process.
- Wait for sometime and you will see the PASS massage on the ODIN screen with green backdrop once flashing is complete. Disconnect your Galaxy Tab S2 from your PC when your device restarts.
The flashing process will take almost 4-5 minutes and your Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 will get rebooted automatically after the update. Wait still the process finishes. Congrats!! You have successfully flashed the new firmware to your Samsung Galaxy Tab S2. Enjoy!! In case of any issues, don’t forget to get back to me via the comment section. I am always there to find out a solution for you.