The Supreme Court of India recently made it mandatory to link your Aadhaar Number with PAN Card to help in curb tax evasion. Linking the Aadhaar card with the PAN number will automate the process. UIDAI, the Govt. authority of India has started communicating to people regarding the Aadhaar link via Emails. But for many this might seem bit difficult to link the both. So if you face issues in the process then we have the step-by-step guide for you. The process is not difficult at all. There is no need to sign in into the official Income Tax website to link your Aadhar Number to your PAN card. Best option to meet the requirement is to use the E-facility launched by the Income Tax Dept.
Now let’s see how we can e-link PAN Card with Aadhaar online.
Tips to Link
- To start with the E-linking process, go to the Income Tax E-Filling portal and then follow these steps.
- Once you open the website, on the left panel you will find a new highlighted link that say “Link Aadhaar.” Click on the link.
- It will take you to the E-Linking page where you have to enter your PAN Number, Aadhaar Number, Name as per Aadhar, Captcha and then click on Link Aadhaar.
- Now your PAN and Aadhaar should get linked. But if there is any issues or difference in your PAN and Aadhaar details, then you will receive an OTP to link your details. Enter the OTP on the vacant space and click on Save to continue.
This is without signing in to the Income Tax website. You can also complete the linking by signing in to the portal.
- To do so Log into the Income Tax portal and then click on “Profile Settings” located at the top.
- Next locate the option “Link Aadhaar.” Enter your Aadhaar Number and click Save to continue.
- This is all you need to do for the Aadhaar card linking. But in case of any issues or discrepancies, you have to either upload a scan copy of your PAN card or use the OTP sent to your linked mobile number.
That’s all you need to do. In case of any issue, feel free to let us know in the comment section. We shall try to guide you to overcome the issues.