The Samsung Galaxy J1 Ace bearing the model number SM-J110M was launched a few months ago, but of course stood popular among the users for its incredible features and classy look. While the Smartphone tipped in with the stock Android 4.4.4 KitKat OS, but was assumed to further get updated to the next version. Of course Custom ROM was available for the handset to update it further to the Lollipop version. But we know many users must be there who would be desperately waiting for the official Lollipop update and for them here goes the good news that the new Android 5.1 Lollipop has already been rolled by Samsung for these users.
So what they have to do ultimately is to check with the notification panel of their Smartphone to ensure that the update has hit their device. If not hit yet, then then must not be harassed because they can follow the below given manual update method to start with the update right away. But here I must tell you that the download links given in this article is only meant for the Samsung Galaxy J1 Ace users residing in Brazil (VIVO), Brazil (TIM), Chile, and Dominican Republic. So if you are user residing in any of the said countries, then this article is dedicated for you people. The firmware carries the build name UBU0AOK2.
Caution: Note that the Android 5.1.1 Lollipop UBU0AOK2 firmware is straight offered by Samsung to us. Do not confuse it with beta custom ROMs, rather be confirmed that it’s an official update in a manual way. We will pay no attention to damaged Smartphone users because the entire process is their responsibility. We are only here to help you recover from damage if you face any during update. The far most important thing is that the device must not be rooted.
- Samsung Galaxy J1 Ace
- Computer (Windows XP or Windows 7)
- Original USB Cable
- Enable the USB Debugging by settings>application>development and tick the USB Debugging box and do not forget to untick the box when the update is finished.
- Backup all the personal data such as SMS, MMS, videos, music, apps, contacts, messages, apps etc present in phone using backup app to avoid data loss
- Power up the device if your battery is low and hence it must be 60% or more to avoid automatic shutdown.
- Android 5.1.1 UBU0AOK2 firmware [Brazil (VIVO), Brazil (TIM), Chile (Claro), Dominican Republic]
Procedure to Update Samsung Galaxy J1 Ace to latest Android 5.1.1 Lollipop
- First make sure the device is not rooted and then make the backup. If it is rooted then you may or may not get the exact result. It’s totally unexpected.
- Then download the UBU0AOK2 Lollipop 5.1.1 firmware for your Smartphone and after download Odin. Do not rename it.
- After extract both the downloaded files on your PC and place them on desktop for easy finding while updating.
- Switch off the device and press the VOL DOWN KEY+OK BUTTON+POWER BUTTON to land your device into download mode. When a warning message appears, press the VOL UP KEY to move to the next step.
- Now double click on Odin to launch it and then with the help of USB cable connect the device to your PC. As soon as the ID:COM box in odin turns yellow indicating that the device is connected. If this doesn’t happen then you might not have enabled the USB Debugging option. Go to Settings>Applications> Development>USB debugging and KIES.
- Now select PDA and choose the .tar file that was downloaded and extracted by you in the beginning. Go ahead and click on Start. T
- he update procedure will start and will take few minutes. The phone will be off and reboot automatically. Then unplug the cable and go easy with the official updated phone.
Check the new firmware from the About Phone section in settings. Well done. Now you have learnt the procedure to update your Samsung Galaxy J1 Ace to the newest official 5.1.1 Lollipop firmware.