The LG Google Pixel 2 XL G011C users should get ready to enjoy the powerful and newest Android 9.0 Developer Preview features on their handset now. Google recently introduced the new Android 9.0 Developer Preview 1 which packs a number of new Android P features as mentioned below.
Primarily you are suggested to root your LG Google Pixel 2 XL G011C and install the latest TWRP Recovery file on it. Also you need to create a complete backup of the videos, movies, contacts, songs & all other data in your Android handset before starting the update. You need to install the LG Google Pixel 2 XL G011C drivers on your PC to easily connect it to your Smartphone. Ensure to shut down any antivirus program if you run on both your Smartphone & PC and keep at least 50% power back up on your Smartphone to avoid unexpected shutdown of the device during the update. This Image file is only meant for the said Smartphone and hence don’t use it in any other handset. Else those might get bugged or bricked.
It’s fully your decision to update your Google Pixel 2 XL G011C Smartphone to the new image file & hence we’ll not be blamed if anything inconvenient happened to your device because of the update.
Steps to Update
- First of all download the P 9.0 ppp1 Developer Preview 1 image file and then download the Gapps file.
- After enable the USB Debugging option on your Google Pixel 2 XL G011C handset.
- After connect your Google Pixel 2 XL G011C Smartphone to your PC via USB & transfer both the files that you downloaded to the SD card of your device.
- Next detach the USB cable from your Smartphone and move it into Recovery mode.
- In Recovery mode, clear cache from your device by pressing the “Wipe Data/Factory Reset” option and then tapping on “wipe cache partition”.
- Now it’s time to install the downloaded files on your Google Pixel 2 XL G011C. To start installation, click on “install zip from SD card” and select the Android P custom ROM file that you moved to the SD card of your device in step III.
- After click install to start the installation process. Wait till the installation finishes.
- Imitate the same procedure to install Gapps on your Google Pixel 2 XL G011C Smartphone.
- After successful installation of both the files, return to the Recovery mode menu and press “reboot system now”.
That’s all! Your Google Pixel 2 XL G011C now must be running on the Android 9.0 P OS. Wanna check? Then go to the About Device section of your device. Positively inform us the changes you mark in your Smartphone post update. Also let’s know any issues if you face during the update. I shall try to find out some solution for you.