The Motorola Moto X XT1052 users should get ready to enjoy the valiant Android 7.0 Nougat CM14 features on their Motorola handset. The Cyanogen team has just of late introduced the new CM-14.0-20160914-UNOFFICIAL-ghost.zip file which is based on Android 7.0 Nougat builds. Though a Custom ROM, but it packs a number of Android 7.0 Nougat features with powerful Cyanogenmod customizations. From here you can get a detailed list of the changes and customizations that your Smartphone will undergo post update.
Here, we shall guide you through the steps to flash this new Nougat Custom ROM on the Motorola Moto X XT1052 handset. But before starting the update process, you need to fulfill the below given conditions.
Primarily you are suggested to root your Motorola Moto X XT1052 and install the most recent TWRP image file on it. Also you need to create a complete backup of the videos, movies, contacts, songs and all other data in your Android device before starting the update. You need to install the Motorola Moto X drivers on your PC to easily connect it to your Motorola Handset. Ensure to shut down any antivirus program if you run on both your Smartphone & PC and keep at least 70% power back up on your device to avoid any unpleasant situation during the update. This Custom ROM is only meant for the said device and hence don’t use it in any other device. Else those might get bugged or bricked.
It’s fully your decision to update your Motorola Moto X XT1052 device with the new Custom ROM and hence we’ll not be blamed if anything inconvenient happened to your device because of the update.
Steps to Update
- First of all download the Android 7.0 Nougat CM14 Snapshot ROM and then download the Gapps file.
- Then enable the USB Debugging option on your Motorola Moto X XT1052 handset.
- After connect your Motorola Moto X Smartphone to your PC via USB and transfer both the downloaded files to the SD card of your device.
- Next detach the USB cable from your Smartphone and put your handset into Recovery mode.
- In Recovery mode, clear cache from your device by pressing the “Wipe Data/Factory Reset” option and then tap on “wipe cache partition”.
- Now it’s time to install the downloaded files on your Motorola Moto X XT1052. To start installation, click on the “install zip from SD card” and select the Android 7.0 Nougat CM14 ROM that you moved to the SD card of your device in step III.
- After click install to start the installation process. Wait still the installation finishes.
- Imitate the same procedure to install Gapps on your Motorola Moto X Smartphone.
- After successful installation of both the files, return to the Recovery mode menu and press “reboot system now”.
That’s it! What else you want? Your Motorola Moto X handset now must be running on the Android 7.0 Nougat OS. Wanna check? Then go to the About Device section in your Smartphone. Positively inform us the changes you mark in your device post update. Also let’s know any issues if you faced in the update process. I shall try to find out some solution for you.