The Samsung Galaxy A7 Smartphone with model number SM-A700FD is receiving the official Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow firmware in Caucasus Countries, and Uzbekistan with the build number A700FDXXU1CQC3. The firmware update not only brings your device stable performance, but adds many new features on your device, bringing superior performance to your device. Because the update is rolled over the Air, so your Smartphone might get the update at any point of time. Keep checking the notification panel on your handset to get the OTA. Once you get it, you can download and install it on your device.
But to flash the firmware manually on your Samsung Galaxy A7, you need to follow the below mentioned step-by-step guide. This firmware update is only meant for the advanced Android users and hence you must think twice before tweaking your Smartphone. But before that ensure to meet the below mentioned pre-requirements. Without meeting the pre-requirements, your Galaxy handset might brick or get bugged for which we shall never be blamed. It will be all your responsibility.
- One Samsung Galaxy A7
- Original Data Cable
- One PC pre-loaded with Samsung Galaxy A7 drivers. Else at first download & install the drivers on your PC from Samsung’s official website.
- Enable the USB Debugging Mode. You will find the option in the Developer Section of your device.
- Back Up all important data in your Android your device since the update process will erase all your data.
- Keep at least 60% battery back up on your Samsung Galaxy A7 SM-A700FD to avoid accidental shut down during installation.
- Android 6.0.1 A700FDXXU1CQC3 Firmware (Caucasus Countries, Kazakhstan and Uzbekistan)
- Odin Flash Tool
Steps to Update
- First of all download the above mentioned two files and extract the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow file to the desktop of your PC.
- Now switch off your Galaxy Smartphone and boot it into download mode by long press holding the Volume Down+Home+Power Buttons. Press the Volume Up button to continue as soon you see a warning triangle sign on your display.
- Now launch Odin and connect your Smartphone to your PC via USB.
- You will see the ID: COM box of ODIN screen turning blue with the COM PORT Number & an Added Massage will appear in the below left corner of the screen, if your device gets connected properly.
- Now select the “PDA button” from the ODIN screen and select the file with .tar.md5 extension. Ensure that the “Auto Reboot” and “F.Reset Time” checkboxes are ticked in ODIN & the Re-Partition button is unchecked.
- Double check the settings button and hit the START button to initiate the update process.
- Wait sometime and you will see the PASS massage on the ODIN screen with green backdrop once the flashing is finished. Disconnect your Samsung Galaxy A7 from your PC when the device restarts.
The update process will take almost 4-5 minutes and your Samsung Galaxy A7 will be rebooted automatically after the update. Wait still the process is finished. Congrats!! You have successfully flashed the new firmware in your Samsung Galaxy A7. Enjoy!! In case of any issues, forget not to get back to me in the comment section. I am always there to find out a solution for you.