The T-Mobile Galaxy S6 Edge+ SM-G928T is one of the popular handsets in the United States of America and lately its has started receiving the Android 7.0 Nougat G928TUVS5ERG1 Firmware update. The update is only for the T-Mobile users in the United States of America.
The said firmware is about to bring end number of improvements in your handset including enhancement in UI, brand new Nougat goodies, stable performance and more. Now let’s take a look on the pre-requirements for the update.
Ensure to double check the Name and model of your Smartphone before starting the update. Using the firmware on other handsets might brick your Smartphone or even create bugs in it. You must remember that BlogZamana will never be blamed for any sort of issues or bugs if created in your device due to the update. So what you do is at your own risk.
- One T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+
- Original Data Cable
- One PC pre-loaded with Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ drivers. Else at first download & install the drivers on your PC from Samsung’s official website.
- Enable the USB Debugging Mode. You will find the option in the Developer Section of your device.
- Back Up all important data in your Android your device since the update process might erase all your data.
- Keep at least 50% battery back up on your T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ to avoid accidental shut down during installation.
Steps to Update
- First of all download the above mentioned two files and extract the Android Nougat file to the desktop of your PC.
- Now switch off your T-Mobile Galaxy S6 Edge+ and boot it into download mode.
- Now launch Odin on your PC and connect your Smartphone to it via USB.
- You will see the ID: COM box of ODIN screen turning blue with the COM PORT Number & an Added Massage in the below left corner of the handset indicating that your device got connected properly.
- Now select “PDA” in ODIN and chose the file with .tar.md5 extension. Ensure that “Auto Reboot” and “F.Reset” check boxes are ticked in ODIN & the Re-Partition button is unchecked.
- Double check Settings and hit the START button to initiate the update process.
- Wait for sometime and you will see a PASS massage on the ODIN screen with green backdrop ensuring that the flashing is completed. Disconnect your Smartphone from your PC when your Smartphone restarts.
The flashing process will take almost 4-5 minutes and your T-Mobile Galaxy S6 Edge+ will get rebooted automatically after the update. Wait still the update finishes.
Congratulations!! You have finally flashed the firmware on your T-Mobile Galaxy S6 Edge+. Enjoy!! In case of any issues, ping me back in the comment section.