Dear Sony Xperia P LT 22i Smartphone users! Today I have pretty good news for you. Want to know what? Now you can flash the advanced Android 5.0.2 Lollipop OS to your Sony Xperia Smartphone via Android 5.0.2 CyanogenMod 12.0 [NYPON] Custom ROM. If you are an user of the Xperia P LT 22i Smartphone and want to flash this firmware to your handset, then what to wait for? Get started with the following manual update method. This new Custom ROM might bring some significant changes to your device that will enhance your Smartphone user experience! Credit for this wonderful custom ROM goes to percy-g2, the senior XDA devlopment forum member.
But before initiating the update, you need to root your device and install CWM Recovery on your Smartphone. Now let’s have a look on the pre-requirements below.
NB: Remember, the update is totlly your responsibilty. So we shall not fre main responsible if your handset undergoes any issue due to the update.
- Sony Xperia P LT 22i Smartphone
- Windows PC
- Original USB Cable
- Backup all your personal data such as SMS, MMS, videos, contacts, call logs, APN numbers, applications and other files since those might be erased.
- Install the device drivers to your handset so that you can easily connect your handset to your PC.
- Deactivate the antivirus or any other security protection from your PC for the time since that might create hindrance in the installation process.
- Ensure that your device have at least 70% power back up before you initiate the installation process to avoid any sort of inconvenience during the installation.
- Enable the USB debugging option in your Smartphone. To enable go to the Settings options. Forget not to disable USB Debugging post update.
- Android 5.0.2 CyanogenMod 12.0 [NYPON] Custom ROM
- Gapps (Search from Google)
Steps to Update
- First of all download the above mentioned files and then connect your handset to your PC via USB. Then move the files to the SD card in your device.
- Then you have to put your device into recovery mode.
- In that mode select wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition and wipe dalvick cache options from recovery mode menu to wipe data and clear cache from your device.
- Next you have to flash the .zip file on your Xperia LT handset. To do that click on the option Install zip from SD card and then select the zip file that you moved to your storage in step 1. Then click Install and follow the screen instructions to flash the firmware in your device.
- Follow the same procedure to install Gapps next.
- Wait still the update finishes. Once finished, return to the main menu and click “Reboot System Now”. Your Smartphone will be rebooted into normal mode once the update is finished.
Congrats!! You have successfully flashed the Android 5.0.2 CyanogenMod 12.0 [NYPON] Custom ROM on your Sony Xperia P LT 22i Smartphone. If you face any issues in the installation process, then me ping back in the comment section. I shall find out a solution for you.