With 31st approaching this month, the Central Government has set a strict dead line to link your Aadhaar to your Mobile number for re-verification. After this month end you will not get the opportunity to link your Aadhaar to your Mobile number. So if you are one among the many who have yet not completed the task owing to their hectic schedule can now take benefit of the IVR method for SIM Re-Verification. Yes, the process is quite simple and you don’t need to leave your home or office for completing the verification process. What you need to do in all is to make a call to a centralised number and enter an OTP that comes to your concerned mobile number. This process is hassle free and saves your time by allowing to do it from the comfort of your home. Now let’s see how to perform the task.
How to link Aadhaar to Mobile via IVR
No matter to which operator your SIM card belong to, you have to just call to the number 14546 from the phone number intended to be verified and keep your Aadhaar number ready to enter during the course of IVR instructions. Once you have dialed the above said number just follow the below steps for re-verification.
- Once you call on 14546, you will you prompted to choose if you are an Indian national or an NRI by selecting from the respective option.
- Next you will permit to link Aadhaar to your phone number by pressing 1.
- Next you will be prompted to enter your Aadhar number. Enter your Aadhaar number and press 1 to confirm.
- Now your OTP will be generated and sent to your registered mobile number.
- Then you will be prompted to enter your mobile number.
- After you will be asked to grant permission to your operator to pick your name, photo and date of birth from UIDAI data base.
- The IVR now will prompt the last four digits of your phone number to ensure that you are using the right number.
- If the number is OK then proceed ahead and enter the OTP you have received over SMS.
- Now you will be prompted to press 1 to complete the Aadhaar-mobile number re-verification process.
That’s all. If you have another mobile number, then you can link that too to Aadhaar by pressing 2 and following the instructions as prompted by the IVR. But ensure to keep that number ready with you as you will receive the OTP on that number via SMS.
The OTP sent to your mobile number is valid for 30 minutes. So you don’t need to worry even if the call disconnects in between. Users using Jio number and Subscribers who are on corporate plans need not undergo the verification process.