The Sony Xperia Z1 Compact D5503 (amami) Smartphone can now be enriched with the Android Nougat 7.1.1 features. The Android 7.1.1 Nougat LineageOS 14.1 unofficial ROM is now available to get flashed on the Sony Smartphone. Once flashed with the new Nougat ROM, the Sony Xperia Z1 users can enjoy the superior Nougat goodies on their device now. The new Nougat ROM is brought to us by dev derf elot and it’s an experimental build. So there are chances that your Sony Xperia Smartphone might face uneven issues during the update and even might get bugged or bricked. So on this front, you have to be very decisive if you wanna take the risk.
Primarily you are suggested to root your Sony Xperia Z1 Compact and install the most recent TWRP image file on it. Also you need to create a complete backup of the videos, movies, contacts, songs and all other data in your Android device before starting the update. You need to install the Sony Xperia Z1 Compact drivers on your PC to connect it to your Handset. Ensure to shut down any antivirus program if you run on both your Smartphone & PC and keep at least 60% power back up on your device to avoid any unpleasant situation during the update. This Custom ROM is only meant for the said handset and hence don’t use it in any other device. Else it might get bugged or bricked.
It’s fully your decision to update your Sony Xperia Z1 Compact Smartphone with the new Custom ROM and hence we’ll not be blamed if anything wrong happened to your device because of the update.
Steps to Update
- First of all download the Android 7.1.1 Nougat LineageOS 14.1 unofficial ROM and then download the Gapps file.
- Then enable the USB Debugging option on your Sony Xperia Z1 Compact handset.
- After connect your Sony Xperia Z1 Compact Smartphone to your PC via USB and transfer both the downloaded files to the SD card of your device.
- Next detach the USB cable from your Smartphone and put your handset into Recovery mode.
- In Recovery mode, clear cache from your device by pressing the “Wipe Data/Factory Reset” option and then tap on “wipe cache partition”.
- Now it’s time to install the downloaded files on your Sony Xperia Z1 Compact. To start installation, click on the “install zip from SD card” and select the Android 7.1.1 Nougat CM14.1 ROM that you moved to the SD card of your device in step III.
- After click install to start the installation process. Wait till the installation finishes.
- Imitate the same procedure to install Gapps on your Sony Xperia Z1 Compact Smartphone.
- After successful installation of both the files, return to the Recovery mode menu and press “reboot system now”.
That’s it! What else you want? Your Sony Xperia Z1 Compact now must be running on the Android 7.1.1 Nougat OS. Wanna check? Then go to the About Device section in your Smartphone. Positively inform us the changes you mark in your device post update. Also let’s know any issues if you faced in the update process. I shall try to find out some solution for you.