The Samsung Galaxy A8 users with model number SM-A530F do have the opportunity now to upgrade their handsets to the new Android 7.1.1 Nougat OS. The official update at this moment is being rolled Over The Air in Paraguay(Tigo), Morocco(MAT), Israel(Pelephone), Slovakia, Ireland(Three), United Kingdom(02), and Spain(Movistar). To update, you need to follow few tips as mentioned below. Let’s take a look on the pre-requirements first.
- The battery of your Samsung Galaxy A8 should be charged at least 50 percent.
- All device data must be backed up.
- USB Debugging must be enabled on your handset.
- The required USB driver must be installed on your PC. This will help you connect your Smartphone to your PC.
Procedure to Update Samsung Galaxy A8 via OTA
You need to have stable internet connectivity on the phone to perform this task. At first go to Setting>About and tap on update. The massage ‘The latest update has already been installed’ will appear if your device is already updated to the latest Nougat firmware. If not, then you will find the firmware available for installation. Tap OK to initiate the download process and complete the installation. Once done, the device will reboot automatically.
Procedure to update Samsung Galaxy A8 via Kies
Get a stable internet connection to your device and then download & install the Samsung Kies utility on your PC. Then connect the device to your PC via USB cable. After run Kies on your device and it will get detected automatically. At the Kies screen, the new firmware upgrade notification will be found. After click on the firmware upgrade button to initiate the process and follow the instructions after.
If both the above said options are not of any use, then follow the manual update process using Odin. Post update, the Smartphone reboots automatically and then you need to detach the cable.
But before starting the procedure, you must create a complete back up for your handset data. Else all your data might vanish. After, follow the steps here in BlogZamana.
Procedure to update Samsung Galaxy A8 via Odin
- First of all Download (As per your region) the above firmware.zip file on your computer with Odin v3.09 and extract them.
- Run Odin v3.09 as an administrator.
- Then switch off the Samsung Galaxy A8 using Kies and after boot it into download mode.
- Next connect your handset to your PC via USB and see if the CM port is open in odin screen. If an Added text message appears it means your Smartphone is successfully connected. If not then again install the USB driver.
- Check the “Auto Reboot” and “F. Reset Time “options. Next click on the “AP button” and select the .tar.md5 file that was extracted on above step.
- Click on the start button now to install and after few minutes a Pass message will appear. After completion, the phone reboots automatically.
- Now you must detach the USB cable and check the Settings>About section for verification.
- If your device gets stuck in the middle of normal reboot, then go to Recovery Mode and perform “Wipe Data/Factory Reset” and “Wipe Cache Partition” and then press the reboot now option.
Congrats! You now have learnt the procedure to update your Samsung Galaxy A8 to the official Android 7.1.1 Nougat OS using Kies, via Odin and the manual update method. For more updates on Android and latest Tech News, check Blogzmana and stay connected.