Do you want Jellybean 4.1.2 update on your Samsung Galaxy SL I9003? Getting official update is not possible hence its better to update the Galaxy SL I9003 with custom ROM. Along with the latest firmware, the ROM also offers S3 looks and its UI. Follow the article for requirements and procedure to apply the update.
Samsung Galaxy SL is Android Froyo 2.2 operated device which can only be upgraded to Gingerbread 2.3. If you have rooted your device then no one stops you to upgrade further. We did this and present you the Jellybean upgrade. The camera or other things wont get enhanced but the user can make use of android application that’s minimum requirement is Ice cream sandwich 4.0 or higher version. The Jellybean features brings not only model enhancements but also bug fixations. If you have any trouble in phone then after applying the update will vanish all the problem by far.
This phone has 4 inches screen with a dimension measuring 123.7 x 64.2 x 10.6 mm. 3G connection which is the minimum specs a person must have in his/her phone. Apart from that it is equipped with 1 GHz Cortex-A8 processor with 478 RAM and PowerVR SGX530 GPU.
The phone has 5 Mega Pixels that takes photo in 2592 x 1944 pixels resolution and uses autofocus. After clicking Geo-tag them to your friends to watch over internet. The camera has other features like touch focus, face and smile detection. It has got Secondary VGA camera for web chating. You can shoot videos in 720p@30fps.
Caution: The update required rooted device, hence root the device to apply the Jellybean firmware. Rooting any device loss warranty but allows user to make user of root accessed apps and flash several tweaks with out any obligation.
This is unofficial Update and Bugs will be there. Kindly apply the firmware on your own risk. Do not complain things are not working in your GT I9003 because its not the official version. Always wait for the OTA update otherwise be happy with your original firmware or try any custom ROM.
- Rooted Samsung Galaxy SL I9003
- Windows PC (windows xp and 7)
- Original USB cable
- Computer installed with latest Samsung KIES otherwise the phone will not get detected by the computer
- Backup all the personal data present in phone such as SMS, MMS, videos, applications, contacts, call logs, APN passowrds and other files in case of loss
- Make sure the phone has 40% battery to avoid automatic shut down during flashing of ROM
- Enable the USB Debugging by Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging and tick the box. Do untick the box later to avoid security bridge.
Jellybean Firmware Package for Galaxy SL (http://adf.ly/bksYr)
Procedure to update Samsung Galaxy SL I9003 with Jellybean 4.1.2 Firmware
- First make sure you follow all the requirements and now move to second step.
- Now download Jellybean Firmware Package for Samsung Galaxy SL I9003 from here to computer. And do not unzip the download rather place it in desktop.
- Now copy paste the downloaded zip file in the SD card of the phone by plugging the device to computer via USB cable. Make sure you haven’t placed in any sub folder. After detach of the cable switch off the device.
- Land the device in recovery mode by pressing VOL UP KEY+ MIDDLE BUTTON+ POWER BUTTON altogether. Release the buttons and wait for the recovery mode. You can also download and install ROM Manager app and select reboot system in recovery mode to land in recovery mode. Choose the option according to the connivance.
- In this mode select the wipe of data cache and wipe data/ factory reset. Then select install zip form SD card and wait for 4 minutes to get rest.
- The phone gets rebooted automatically. If it doesn’t then go back and select reboot system now in normal mode.
Congratulations, you have now successfully update your Samsung Galaxy SL I9003 with Jellybean 4.1.2 Firmware. Do consult with us for more knowledge. We are always ready to help you out in any way.