Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge is one of the most popular Android Smartphones that was launched in February this year. The Smartphone is quite popular across the globe and comes packed with many powerful features such as a 5.50-inch touchscreen display with 1440×2560 pixels resolution & is packed with a 1.6GHz octa-core processor, supported by 4GB of RAM and 32GB internal memory, a 12MP primary and 5MP secondary camera. The device runs on the powerful Android 6.0 Marshmallow OS and now the Smartphone is further getting upgraded to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow OS in a number of countries.
The countries where the update is now rolled is are Serbia(VIP), South Africa, Saudi Arabia(STC), Saudi Arabia, Turkey, Iran, Pakistan(PAK), Algebra, United Arab Emirates and some other countries which list is not available with us. But will let you know as soon we get further updates. This update will be much powerful as it’s going to add a number of extra features to the Changelog of your device and sort out the security and bug fixes on your Samsung Galaxy A8.
Reportedly, the firmware is named as Android 6.0.1 G935FXXU1BPH6. Soon you will receive a notification on the notification bar of your Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge and you can flash it by downloading and installing as per the given instructions on the screen of your Smartphone. However, a second update method is also there as mentioned below which also can be followed to flash this new firmware on your Android device. But to initiate that update process, you need to read and understand the steps and requirements properly. Just have a look on those.
Forget not to twice check the Name and model number of your Smartphone by going to the About Device section of your Smartphone before starting the update as this update is only meant for the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge with the model number SM-G935F. Using this tutorial in other devices or even in other models of the same series might harm your device completely. Keep in mind that BlogZamana will never remain responsible for any issues, Bugs, Bricked devices or Dead SD Card, if your device experiences any during the installation process. What you do is on your own risk.
- One Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge.
- Original Data Cable.
- One PC preloaded with Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge drivers. Else at first download and install the drivers on your PC from Samsung’s official website.
- Enable the USB Debugging Mode. You will find the option in the Developer Section of your Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge. Follow Settings> Developer Options> USB Debugging.
- Backup all important data in your Android device since the update process will erase all data.
- Keep at least 70% to 80% power back up on your Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge to avoid accidental shut down during installation.
Steps to Update
- First of all download the above mentioned files and then extract the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow file to the desktop of your PC.
- Next switch off your Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge and move it into download mode by long press & hold of the Volume Down Key+Home Buttom+Power Button. Press the Volume Up button to continue as soon as you see a warning triangle sign on your display.
- Then connect your Smartphone to your PC via USB.
- After select the PDA/AP button on ODIN screen and select the file with .tar.md5 extension. Ensure that the Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time checkboxes are ticked in ODIN and the Re-Partition button is unchecked.
- Double check the settings and hit the START button to begin the update process.
- Wait for sometime and you will see the PASS message on the ODIN screen with green backdrop, once the flashing is complete. Disconnect your Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge from the PC after your handset restarts. It will take around 5-10 minutes of time.
That’s all you need to do. Once your Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge restarts, know that you have successfully implemented the procedure. Following the given procedure, you must not face any issues in the update process. Still you faced any issues, feel free to use the comment section. I am always here to assist you.